Saturday, January 16, 2010

Cook with Kim Makes History

I hope all my readers are enjoying the weekend – I know I am!

Today’s post won’t be quite as much of a monstrosity as my previous two. Don’t worry though, I’m not running out of topics or ideas to write about, I’m just saving those ideas for a time when I know I’ll be able to express them to the best of my ability.

A few years ago, I started up a website called Cook with Kim. For a while, I spent time beautifying it with slideshows, fancy fonts, and what not, but I never really had a vision for it. The concept was unrefined and unfocused, thus eventually becoming an obsolete possession of mine. Obsolete, that is, until just recently.

Over the past week, I have re-devoted myself to not only cookwithkim.com, but also to you, my readers. The website, and this blog, is just as much here for me as it is for you.

It’s no secret that a major part of cooking websites is the recipe section. This is incredibly apparent when you enter “chocolate chip cookies” into Google and come up with a thousand plus recipes (like anyone has time to go through all those pages, please). On the old Cook with Kim website, I too aimed to share my recipes with the world. Though, admittedly, my attempt was an incredible failure. For over a year, the website had a recipe tab that listed numerous potential recipes – recipes that never got posted, but instead remained blank pages.

Seeing as I have returned to Cook with Kim with a new perspective and far more commitment, however, I am putting forth a second effort to pursue an online “recipe box”. And I hope you’d agree, if you do so happen to have the frame of reference, that I am doing far better than before.

In case the title didn’t clue you in, cookwithkim.com broke history today with its first ever complete (and original) recipe that was posted on the site – Banana Almond Pancakes with Chocolate Sauce (I highly recommend trying it out!).







I typically don’t write out my recipes since cooking tends to be more of an organic process for me. But considering the fact that I really want to be able to share my recipes with you, I am more than happy to put in the extra time writing out my ingredients, typing up the instructions, photographing the finished product, and, at last, posting all of the information to the site.

As promised, I’m just about done writing for today (writing these is as exhausting as reading them, I’m sure!). But hopefully I was able to give you some breakfast ideas for tomorrow morning (and I’m not just saying that – pancakes always seem to be the perfect Sunday morning supplement).

Have a great rest of the weekend and be sure to tell me what you think of the recipe!

4 comments:

  1. The pancakes look amazing - I can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Sooo delicious! A bit of heaven on earth! These pancakes are worthy of a champagne brunch at a fine restaurant! Do you cater parties?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still no chance to make the pancakes, but tonight I made the Guy Fieri's tangerine beef dish. Absolutely delicious and got rave reviews around here. Great first pick - I'm sure it will become a regular on the menu! Looks like I'm two for two this week with new recipes . I made the chicken parm recipe from Ree Drummond's Pioneer Woman blog earlier this week- if you like Italian food, give it a try - it's excellent and highly recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know why I keep coming back to your blog? Because it's good! Thanks and keep writing.

    ReplyDelete